We want to extend congratulations to Trifecta Performance, Schmidty Tuning and the Tapout Tuning teams for sending cars to the Cadillac Attack race in Florida. The event and track were both great, and it is our understanding that all ATS-V owners in attendance set personal bests! We were glad to see everyone come together in the community to help each other out, have fun, and get some great racing in over the three days!
Here is a list of some of the highlights from Tapout team members in attendance:
• Paul B. worked hard on launching and No Lift Shifting his ATS-V M6. He got personal best 60’ and quarter mile times. But his clutch was slipping by the next morning. No worries though. We’ll have a SPEC Stage 3 clutch out the door for him on Monday.
• Scott C. worked on testing an early iteration of our forthcoming CT4-V Blackwing tuning. Took some experimentation to figure out the best launch method. Quarter mile times improved each day. Best pass was 11.25 @ 124.1 mph, and we are proud to set the bar with this new record.
• Michael W. runs downpipes and 93 octane fuel, and that got him into the tens with a 10.94 @ 122.9 mph. He also won the Trifecta sponsored ATS-V bracket race.
• Brian C. is the reaction time king, and he nailed a .008 in the bracket race with his Purple Belt car.
• Kyle E. runs intake, exhaust, and octane boost. He set a new personal best time of 10.50 @ 129.0 mph before having one of his fuel injectors stick open. We loaned him a trailer and he was able to get the car home safely.
• Danny E. has one of the coolest wraps we have ever seen on his Purple Belt ATS-V. He set a new personal best of 10.30 @ 132.4 mph.
• Jason T. runs minimal mods of intake, downpipes and race fuel. He won the 10.00 Equalizer Index race on Friday, and then the King of the Hill race on Saturday. Best time for Jason was 10.12 @ 134.0 mph.
• Glenn W. is running our Purple Belt Performance Package and got runner up in both the Trifecta sponsored ATS-V bracket race, and the Tapout sponsored ATS-V All Out class. His best time was 9.97 @ 134.9 mph, with sand bags added to his trunk to get him into the full weight division.
• Heather S. is running our Purple Belt Performance Package, and finally got into the nines! She also placed third in the Equalized 10.00 index class. Best time of the event was 9.95 @ 136.4 mph.
• Paul B. is running our Purple Belt Performance Package, and recently added the new Tapout carbon fiber intake system. He beat all of his personal records on Thursday, Friday, then again on Saturday. He ran a best of 9.97 @ 135.3 mph with 30 pounds of weight added to his trunk, shooting for the ATS-V full weight record. After that achievement, Paul did some basic weight reduction and went 9.88 @ 136.3 mph.
• Ted K. won the Tapout Tuning sponsored ATS-V All Out race, and set a new personal best time of 9.39 @ 143.1 mph. He also set a new all-time low short time with a 1.308 60’ only four minutes later, when the car was heat-soaked from hot lapping. And what a wheelie that was!
• Bob C., Jorge M. and Michael D. all busted their butts, working 16 to 18 hour days for a solid week in preparation for this event. Then they continued working tirelessly in the pits and at the starting line throughout the race. Tires were swapped, spark plugs changed and even a fuel cam was installed. Tons of coaching took place, covering proper burnout and launch technique. Dozens of data scans were reviewed on site and all Tapout team member tunes were optimized on the spot. We absolutely cannot thank this crew enough for all they do for the ATS-V community!
• And wow, Jason T’s wife Erin and Robbie K. definitely know what to do with a grill!
Nine additional Tapout team members between 700 and 800 whp weren’t able to make it to this race for various reasons (i.e. COVID, new baby, work hours, border restrictions, undiagnosed U codes, transmission failure, trailer too small, etc.). We’re hoping to have Bob C., Robbie K., Scott C., Corey H., The Justins, Ron H., Chris C., Chris T. and David H. join us at other events in the future.
We look forward to seeing everyone from all the various tuning camps at our next major outing. This will be the world class Cadillac V-Racing Invitational coming up in four weeks. This year’s Cadillac Attack has really shown us just how capable these ATS-Vs really are, and we know there’s even better things coming, so stay tuned!
#TapoutTakeover #WontTap #UnderPromiseOverDeliver