We spent many months working with Manufacturer A and their clutches would never fully disengage. Then we spent several more months working with Manufacturer B, and eventually ended up with a working clutch. However, it had terrible street manners and we were not comfortable selling it. That was last year in a nutshell.
This year we worked with SPEC Clutch, a high end clutch manufacturer, and one of our friends actually shipped his ATS-V to them for several weeks of research and development. At this point we finally have some excellent clutches we are proud to bring the ATS-V market.
- OEM clutch assembly weighs 58.4 pounds. These clutches weigh 28.0 pounds, providing a significant power gain and rate of rev from rotating mass reduction. You may need to have your tuner edit some settings in the tune to account for this.
- OEM clutch is dual mass. These SPEC clutches are single mass with aluminum flywheels, which produce a small amount of gear noise.
- SPEC Clutch is twin disc just like OEM. However, these are upgraded to 8-1/2” Lamborghini/BMW units!
- We offer three stages of ATS-V clutches, which will be rated at 650, 880 and 1,025 wtq. Stage 1 is intended for cars still running stock turbochargers. This includes totally stock cars, in addition to White, Blue and Purple Performance Packages. Stage 3 is designed for our Brown Belt Performance Package. And Stage 4 will cover our future Black Belt Performance Package.
- All three stages will be street friendly. The first stage is most stock like. The two highest levels will be a tad quicker at engagement.
We recommend an idle speed setting of approximately 1,100 rpm for very little gear noise and clutch chatter with the SPEC clutches. The included aluminum spacers should be used when installing these clutches.