We spent many months working with Manufacturer A and their clutches would never fully disengage. Then we spent several more months working with Manufacturer B, and eventually ended up with a working clutch. However, it had terrible street manners and we were not comfortable selling it. That was last year in a nutshell.
This year we worked with SPEC Clutch, a high end clutch manufacturer, and one of our friends actually shipped his ATS-V to them for several weeks of research and development. At this point we finally have some excellent clutches we are proud to bring the ATS-V market.
- OEM clutch assembly weighs 58.4 pounds. These clutches weigh 28.0 pounds, providing a significant power gain and rate of rev from rotating mass reduction.
- OEM clutch is dual mass. These SPEC clutches are single mass with aluminum flywheels, which produce a small amount of gear noise.
- SPEC Clutch is twin disc just like OEM. However, these are upgraded to 8-1/2” Lamborghini/BMW units!
- We offer three stages of ATS-V clutches, which will be rated at 650, 880 and 1,025 wtq. Stage 1 is intended for cars still running stock turbochargers. This includes totally stock cars, in addition to White, Blue and Purple Performance Packages. Stage 3 is designed for our Brown Belt Performance Package. And Stage 4 will cover our future Black Belt Performance Package.
- All three stages will be street friendly. The first stage is most stock like. The two highest levels will be a tad quicker at engagement.