Our new carbon fiber airbox lid system for the CT5/CT5-V is a work of art. This is an aesthetic product only, with no performance gains. It does NOT cause any DTCs or Check Engine light.
Installation is simple and can be done with basic hand tools in less than one hour:
1. Pop the hood.
2. Move the keys at least 50 feet away from the car.
3. Unplug both MAF sensors.
4. Use a T20 Torx driver to remove the four screws holding the MAF sensors in place
5. Remove both MAF sensors.
6. Use Phillips screwdriver to remove all eleven screws holding the intake lid in place. Don’t miss the center screw!
7. Remove OEM intake lid.
8. Replace air filters if desired.
9. Install new Tapout carbon fiber intake lid, reusing ten of the original eleven mounting screws.
10. Install both MAF sensors, using new button head machine screws provided by Tapout and a 2.5 mm. Allen wrench.
11. Plug in MAF sensors.